Sanoyas Rides Australia Pty. Ltd., trading as the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel (hereafter: “The Melbourne Star”), welcomes You. The Melbourne Star Team is delighted that you have decided to experience this unique Melbourne icon and the largest observation wheel in the Southern Hemisphere. The Melbourne Star travels at a low speed. Passengers travel in cabins that can accommodate up to 20 people. The duration of a flight on the Melbourne Star is approximately 30 minutes. There are no toilets or washroom facilities inside the cabins. We hope that you will have an enjoyable and memorable time. All persons who take a flight on The Melbourne Star or who are visiting The Melbourne Star Premises or who are on The Melbourne Star Piazza are subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- By holding a ticket for a flight on the Melbourne Star or by entering any part of the Melbourne Star Premises:
- you are deemed to have accepted all Melbourne Stars Terms and Conditions;
- you have understood and have agreed to be bound by the Melbourne Star Terms and Conditions.
It is your responsibility to read and comply with the Terms and Conditions.
If you are unclear or do not understand the Terms and Conditions, you should consult the Duty Manager before you take the flight.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry or remove any person from the Premises or any part of the Premises for failure to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions.
- Operational Hours are subject to change without notice and may be reduced or extended due to weather, operational requirements or at the discretion of the Melbourne Star Management Team.
- Melbourne Star Management will use their best endeavours to ensure that the Premises is open for use by visitors during normal advertised opening hours.
Melbourne Star Management reserves the right to:
- close the total Premises;
- close part of the Premises;
- cancel a flight on the Melbourne Star at any time.
In the event of a closure or a cancellation, the Melbourne Star will reschedule flight bookings to another date and time.
The Melbourne Star will not be held liable or otherwise accept any liability including but not limited consequential losses or expenses with respect to the closure of part or all of the Premises or cancellation of any flight on the Melbourne Star.
- The ticket may nominate a flight time. This time is indicative only and, at busy times, delays should be expected. Management will use reasonable endeavours to keep waiting time to a minimum.
- The duration of each flight on the Melbourne Star may vary.
- Tickets are available for purchase at the Ticket Office or through the Melbourne Star website – www.melbournestar.com. If purchasing your ticket through this website, you will gain access to an online page containing a printable tax receipt containing an e-ticket. You must print and present an e-ticket at the check in point on the boarding platform.
- Vouchers may be purchased from selected hotel concierge desks, automobile clubs, travel agents, approved trade and re-seller agencies, accommodation and tour outlets. The holder of a voucher will be entitled to exchange the voucher for a ticket at the Melbourne Star Ticket Office.
- Only persons holding valid tickets are allowed to enter the boarding platform and to board a flight on the Melbourne Star.
- Children aged 4 years and under may travel free, when accompanied by a paying parent or legal guardian.
- Tickets may not be resold without the prior written consent of the Melbourne Star. If Melbourne Star reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without its prior consent, the holder may be refused entry to or be removed from the Melbourne Star and the Melbourne Star Premises without compensation.
- You are responsible for all your personal property and the property of those persons under your care or supervision whilst on the Premises.
- There are restrictions on taking large bags, suitcases, heavy items and backpacks on to the flight.
- User Pay Locker facilities are available for customer use to store personal property that cannot be taken on board a Melbourne Star flight.
- The Melbourne Star has trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property rights.
- You must not infringe the trademarks, copyright and intellectual property rights of the Melbourne Star.
- Queue jumping at the Ticket Office or while waiting to board the Melbourne Star is strictly prohibited.
- All transactions are processed in Australian Dollars (AUD)
- All ticket prices are subject to change without prior notification.
- The number of persons per cabin may vary and is at the absolute discretion of Melbourne Star Management. The maximum capacity is 20 passengers per cabin.
- Tickets may be purchased for flights on the Melbourne Star for a shared cabin or a Private Cabin. A Private Cabin can only be hired by persons aged 18 years and over.
- Unless a Private Cabin has been booked:
o you must progress through the queue line without stopping and board the next available cabin. Refusing to board or waiting for your own cabin is not permitted.
o groups of persons will not always be able to travel in the same cabin.
- Concession tickets are available for purchase.
The concession card holder must:
- Provide proof of their eligibility to purchase a concession ticket;
- The following concession cards are accepted:
o Australian Concession Card;
o an Australian or New Zealand Seniors Card;
o an Australian or New Zealand Pensioners Card;
o a student card.
- There are no refunds or exchanges on any tickets.
- Lost, damaged or stolen tickets will not be replaced.
- Private Cabin
Persons booked for a Private Cabin must arrive at the check-in point on the boarding platform at least 30 minutes prior to their designated flight time.
- School Group Bookings:
- Primary age school.
o The Melbourne Star recommends a minimum of one teacher, parent or nominated guardian/supervisor aged 16 years and above for every group of 10 pupils.
- Secondary age school.
o The Melbourne Star recommends a minimum of one teacher, parent or nominated guardian/supervisor aged 16 years and above for every group of 19 pupils.
- There may be further Terms and Conditions specific to education groups and groups with children.
- General Admission Tickets and Sights & Lights:
- are valid for redemption for 12 months from the date of purchase.
o Once your first Sights & Lights flight is redeemed, your second flight must be taken within 30 days and prior to the ticket expiry date if less than 30 days from the redemption of your first flight.
o All Sights & Lights tickets are Non-Transferable, Non-Refundable and Not-Redeemable for cash. Tickets will not be extended.
- are not valid for the Melbourne Star Special Events.
- Melbourne Star Annual Pass:
- The Annual Pass Holder must be a resident of Victoria, Australia;
- The Annual Pass is Non-Transferable and must include a photo of the Annual Pass Holder;
- The Annual Pass has limited usage and cannot be used on New Year’s Eve; Australia Day and Valentine’s Day after 5pm. AEDST;
- The Annual Pass cannot be used with any other Melbourne Star Experience Package;
- Replacement Annual Pass cards cost $10 for each card replacement;
- All Annual Pass ticket purchases must be redeemed at Guest Relations;
- Gift purchases of the Annual Pass must be purchased in the name of the recipient;
- An Annual Pass cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer.
- An Annual Pass is Non-Refundable.
- Melbourne Star Double Spin Tickets:
- can be purchased in the Melbourne Star Retail Shop following your first flight and are not available for purchase online;
- cannot be purchased, scanned or the flight taken one hour and fifteen minutes prior to the end of the Operating Hours;
- are subject to block out periods and will not be available for sale or for a flight during special events and functions (eg: New Year’s Eve, Australia Day evening, fireworks displays and other times) as specified by the Melbourne Star;
- second flight (Double Spin) must be taken immediately after purchase. There are no refunds or exchanges for any component of the Double Spin ticket;
- cannot be combined with any other promotional offer;
- second flight is Non-Transferable.
- Melbourne Star Experience Packages are:
- valid for redemption 12 months from the date of purchase;
- once booked, cancellation charges outlined in the commercial catering’s ‘General and Specific’ Terms and Conditions will apply.
- Melbourne Star Special Event Packages are:
- only valid for the nominated event date and departure time;
- cancellation charges apply.
- Gift vouchers will be redeemable for up to 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Third Party Provider:
The Melbourne Star may sell tickets as an agent to a Third Party Provider.
Flights, events, meals and other services to be provided as a result of the sale shall be in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Third Party Provider.
The Melbourne Star will not be responsible to any customer in respect of any loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with or as a consequence of the provision or non-provision of any of the services of the Third Party Provider.
- CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
- You must comply with all Melbourne Star Terms and Conditions, rules, directions and safety requirements which apply to persons taking a flight on the Melbourne Star or visiting the Premises. Failure to do so may lead to you being removed from the Melbourne Star and Premises. You will not be compensated.
- You must obey all reasonable verbal instructions and warnings given by the Operator and Melbourne Star Management and Staff.
- You must not behave in a way which disrupts the safety or enjoyment of other persons on any part of the Premises. Offensive, irresponsible or unsafe behaviour, theft or vandalism, will not be tolerated.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is strictly prohibited anywhere on the Melbourne Star flight area, Melbourne Star Premises and Melbourne Star Piazza.
- Any person, including guests, affected by or who appears to the Melbourne Star Management to be affected by alcohol or drugs will not be permitted entry to the Melbourne Star flight area, Melbourne Star Premises and Melbourne Star Piazza.
- No food or alcoholic beverage may be taken onto or consumed on a Melbourne Star flight except for pre-arranged Private Cabin dining arranged and managed by the Melbourne Star. No eskies, wine coolers or any other container used to hold any type of alcoholic product is allowed on the Melbourne Star. Non-alcoholic drinks are permitted only if contained in sealable plastic bottles or containers.
- Pets and animals are expressly prohibited on any Melbourne Star flight and Melbourne Star Premises. The Melbourne Star welcomes guests and their guide, hearing or assistance dogs.
- Appropriate clothing must always be worn at all times on the Melbourne Star, Melbourne Star Building, Melbourne Star Premises and Melbourne Star Piazza. Persons without shirts or wearing offensive clothing will not be permitted entry into the Melbourne Star.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times on the Melbourne Star, Melbourne Star Building, Melbourne Star Premises and Melbourne Star Piazza.
- No running is permitted on or in the vicinity of the Melbourne Star or anywhere within the Melbourne Star Building or Melbourne Star Piazza.
- You are prohibited from taking onto the Melbourne Star, Melbourne Star Premises and Melbourne Star Piazza any weapons, fireworks, glass bottles and flammable liquids or any other article which may cause injury or cause distress or discomfort to other persons.
- You are admitted to the Melbourne Star, Melbourne Star Premises and Melbourne Star Piazza on condition that, if requested to do so, you will allow your belongings to be inspected. The Melbourne Star reserves the right to inspect, scan or search your bags at any time. Failure to submit to a security check may result in the Melbourne Star cancelling your ticket or refuse you entry.
- Motor vehicles, motorbikes, skateboards, scooters, bicycles, roller blades and other equipment that may interfere with pedestrian traffic are not permitted within the Melbourne Star Piazza.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY
- You Should Not Ride on the Melbourne Star if you have:
- a severe medical condition;
- an infirmity ;
- ambulatory difficulties;
- a fear of heights;
- a fear of enclosed spaces.
- Persons with ambulatory difficulties or requiring wheelchairs should notify Melbourne Star Management in advance of their flight in case assistance is required when boarding and, if required, during the flight. If assistance is required, you must be accompanied and assisted by a capable carer or companion.
- Mobile scooters are not permitted on a Melbourne Star flight.
- There are restrictions on strollers and prams.
These may only be allowed on board with the approval of Melbourne Star Management.
Strollers and prams that can be folded and carried on board will be allowed on the Melbourne Star. All other strollers and prams may be left in the User Pay Locker facilities on the Ground Floor.
Strollers and prams are left at the owner’s risk in the designated area adjacent to the boarding platform.
- There are restrictions on motorised and non-motorised wheelchairs.
A maximum of six wheelchairs is allowed on any one full revolution of the Melbourne Star flight. There is a maximum of two wheelchairs per cabin.
- Non-Motorised Wheelchairs
Occupants of non-motorised wheelchairs must be accompanied and assisted by a capable carer or companion. Carers must manually push the occupant of the wheelchair on board the cabin.
Non-motorised wheelchairs should have the brakes applied.
- Motorised Wheelchairs
Must not drive into the cabin
Occupants of motorised wheelchairs must be accompanied and assisted by a capable carer or companion. Carers must manually push the occupant of the wheelchair on board the cabin.
Once inside the cabin the wheelchair must be parked within the designated wheelchair parking zone denoted by floor markings on the South side of the cabin and remain in this area for the duration of the flight.
Due to operational requirements, the number of persons per cabin containing a wheelchair/wheelchairs will be limited to two wheelchairs per cabin.
- It is recommended individuals and/or groups with wheelchair accessibility requirements pre-book with the Melbourne Star.
- Passengers who are deaf, “culturally deaf”, “hard of hearing” or are hearing impaired must be accompanied by a capable carer or companion who has the ability to hear announcements and safety instructions over the in-cabin audio and phone/ intercom systems.
The capable carer or companion must also have the ability to communicate verbally with the Operator via the in-cabin phone/ intercom system.
- Children aged 11 years and under must be supervised by a parent, guardian, authorised supervisor or teacher aged 16 years and above and must remain under their control and supervision at all times whilst on the Melbourne Star Premises and particularly whilst on a Melbourne Star flight.
- If you bring children onto the Melbourne Star and the Melbourne Star Premises:
- you are responsible for the care, conduct and supervision of those children at all times;
- you are responsible for any acts committed by children whom you have brought onto the Premises.
- Children under the age of 18 years, in the company of an adult, are permitted in a Private Cabin where alcoholic beverages may be available, but are strictly prohibited from consuming alcohol.
- PHOTOGRAPHY AND USE OF EQUIPMENT
- Any videos, photographs or sound recordings taken by you whilst at the Premises must be for personal use only. Any use, reuse or production for commercial purposes, without the express written consent of the Melbourne Star is strictly prohibited.
- The Melbourne Star, Melbourne Star Premises and Cabins are under constant video surveillance.
- Your image may be captured at any time and may be used by the Melbourne Star in publicity, promotional or advertising material for sale of souvenir photographs or for security or other purposes.
By entering the Melbourne Star and the Premises, You consent to your image or likeness being recorded and used for these purposes and you acknowledge that copyright of these materials rests with the Melbourne Star without identification, compensation or payment of any kind to you.
- The use of mobile electronic equipment such as mobile phones, radios, music players and personal stereos that may cause annoyance to other passengers is not permitted on the Melbourne Star or within cabins.
- At the discretion of the Melbourne Star Management, additional restrictions may apply to the use of large or professional types of video or photography equipment. The use of large tripods for photographic purposes in the cabins is not permitted.
- LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMER
- There are inherent risks in the participation in or on any amusement device or attraction. As a passenger on the Melbourne Star, you are accepting those risks of which a prudent person is or should be aware and you are required to exercise good judgement and act in a responsible manner whilst using the Melbourne Star.
- Except as otherwise prohibited by law, you acknowledge that the Melbourne Star, Operator, Management and Staff are not liable to you for any loss, damage, injury or any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or economic loss or damage (including loss of opportunities, exemplary or punitive damages) whether to person to property arising out of the operation of the Melbourne Star or your attendance at the Melbourne Star and whether arising from default, negligence, misconduct or otherwise by the Melbourne Star, Operator, Management or Staff. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Melbourne Star, Operator, Management and Staff against all claims and liability.
- In the event of a technical fault in the operation of the Melbourne Star or in cases of severe and unexpected inclement weather, it is possible that customers may need to remain in their cabins for an extended length of time until the fault is rectified or the weather improves or in an extreme case, customers may require to be evacuated. In this event, the Operator, Management and Staff shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation, for any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any flight or evacuation.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
The following words in The Melbourne Star Terms and Conditions have these meanings:
AEST – means Australian Eastern Standard Time.
AEDST – means Australian Eastern Daylight Standard Time.
Daily Operational Hours – means the Summer Operating Times (September to April) and the Winter Operating Times (May to August). Exact timings are advised on the Melbourne Star website – www.melbournestar.com.
Event – means a Melbourne Star managed activity.
General Admission Ticket – means a ticket purchased for a single admission on the Melbourne Star for use during daily operational hours and is not valid for Melbourne Star Special Events.
Guest Relations – means the Melbourne Star Management and Staff that supervise and manage the Melbourne Star Ticket Office.
Sights & Lights Ticket – means a ticket purchased for a dual admission on the Melbourne Star and is not valid for Melbourne Star Special Events. Once your first Sights & Lights flight is redeemed, your second flight must be taken within 30 days, or prior to the ticket expiry date if less than 30 days, of your first flight being redeemed.
Melbourne Star Building – means the Premises situated at the Melbourne Star.
Melbourne Star Management and Staff – means those employees, agents or contractors of the Melbourne Star authorised to act as and identified as, managers at the Melbourne Star.
Melbourne Star Piazza – means the land area on which the Melbourne Star is situated.
Melbourne Star Premises – means the Melbourne Star and Melbourne Star Building situated at situated at 101 Waterfront Way, Melbourne Docklands, Victoria, 3008.
Melbourne Star – means Sanoyas Rides Australia Pty. Ltd. trading as the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel (ABN 84 165 079 390) as the Operator of the Melbourne Star, the Melbourne Star Building and the Melbourne Star Piazza situated at 101 Waterfront Way, Melbourne Docklands, Victoria, 3008.
Melbourne Star Special Event Packages – means packages developed by the Melbourne Star for events, festivals and ad hoc promotional activity.
Melbourne Star Ticket Office – means the location from which tickets for a flight on the Melbourne Star can be purchased.
Operator – means Sanoyas Rides Australia Pty. Ltd. the company that manages all the facilities at the Melbourne Star.
Operational Hours – means Daily Operational Hours.
Premises – means the Melbourne Star, the Melbourne Star Building and the Melbourne Star Piazza situated at 101 Waterfront Way, Melbourne Docklands, Victoria, 3008.
Private Cabin – means a cabin on the Melbourne Star hired for the exclusive use of a group of persons.
Staff – means the employees, agents or contractors of the Melbourne Star.
Melbourne Star Building – means the building situated at 101 Waterfront Way, Melbourne Docklands, Victoria, 3008, incorporating the Melbourne Star.
Melbourne Star Piazza – means the forecourt and surrounding area of the Melbourne Star Building situated at 101 Waterfront Way, Melbourne Docklands, Victoria, 3008.
Terms and Conditions – means these Terms and Conditions.
Third Party Provider – means a company authorised by the Melbourne Star to provide certain Events on the Melbourne Star.
User Pay Locker – means lockers located near the Ticket Office that can be hired to store personal items.
You – means the individual ticket holder or purchaser or a person entering the Premises.
The Melbourne Star Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria, Australia. To the extent that these Terms and Conditions contravene the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia and are not enforceable (or part or parts thereof), they shall be severable without invalidating the remaining parts thereof. The Melbourne Star reserves the right to change these the Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
30th October, 2016