Terms and Conditions - August – September 2018
- The “Design a Melbourne Star Lightshow” competition (‘the Competition’) is conducted by the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel (trading as Sanoyas Rides Australia Pty. Ltd. - ABN 84 165 079 390), located at 101 Waterfront Way, Docklands, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (‘the Promoter’).
- Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoters form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants. An “Eligible Entrant” is an individual who:
- is a Victorian resident aged 15 years or over;
ii. is not an employee of the Promoter or an employee of any related corporation or an employee of any agency associated with the Competition; and
iii. is not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether full, half, step or by adoption) of such an employee.
- A Victorian resident is a person defined as having their current residential address in the State of Victoria and can supply one of the following documents as evidence:
- Victorian driver licence (or learner permit);
- Utility account (including gas, water, electricity, mobile or home phone);
- Rates notice;
- Centrelink Concession Card (Pension Concession Card, Health Care Card or Commonwealth Seniors Health Card);
- Current lease or tenancy agreement;
A Victorian residents under 18 years will be required to present a student card (if available) and parents’ consent to be eligible to participate in this competition.
- All reference to times and dates refer to Melbourne, Australia (which will either be in Australian Eastern Standard Time or Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time, whichever is applicable in Melbourne, Australia) unless otherwise stated and are based on the 24 hour clock. The start of the day is 00:00hrs. The end of the day is 23:59hrs.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries or disqualify any Eligible Entrant for tampering with the entry or submitting an entry not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Any contact details entered incorrectly will be invalidated.
- To participate Eligible Entrant must complete a competition entry form on the Melbourne Star website (www.malbournestar.com) or associated competition post on Melbourne Star’s Facebook page (facebook.com/melbournestarobservatonwheel). Entrants must provide a brief information about themselves, personal contact details, describe their vision for a Melbourne Star L.E.D. light show vision in terms of colours, abstract pattern and rhythms (no pictures or visuals) and short written statement about why they deserve to win.
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be an independent original creation by the Eligible Entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third parties’ rights. Entries must not have been published previously.
- All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and agencies associated with this Competition. The Promoter may use the Eligible Entrants’ names and entry submissions for any commercial purpose, including future promotional marketing and publicity purposes.
- All entrants who choose to ‘opt-in’ consent to receiving ongoing marketing material and correspondence from the Promoter.
- Any costs associated with this Competition is the sole responsibility of the Eligible Entrant seeking access to the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel in order to participate in the Competition.
- The Competition will commence in Melbourne, Australia on 24th August 2018 at 00:00 hrs and close at 11:59 PM AEST on 7th September 2018.
- There will be one prize in this Competition.
- The entries will be judged individually at 11:00 AM AEST on 11th September, 2018 at Melbourne Star Observation Wheel, located at 101 Waterfront Way, Docklands, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary the value of the prize.
- There will be one Winner chosen in this Competition.
- The Winner will be chosen based on originality of their entry statement and creative submission. The decision will be at the sole discretion of the Promoter and no details regarding the decision will be provided.
- The Winner will be notified in writing on 12th September 2018. Only one contact attempt by phone and email will be made to notify the Winner. The notification will include instructions as to how the Winner is to claim the prize and establish their entitlement to the prize. The name of the Winner will also be published on the Promoter’s website (melbournestar.com) two days after the Winner is selected by the Promoter and will remain on the Promoter’s website for a period of up to twenty eight days.
- If required by the Promoter the Winner will be required to make themselves available on the 21st September 2018 to collaborate on the L.E.D. lighting show at Melbourne Star Observation Wheel, located at 101 Waterfront Way, Docklands, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia at the time confirmed by the Promoter.
- There is one prize to be won in this Competition which includes:
- One (1) collaborative meeting with an audio-visual designer, to provide input into the design of a lightshow on the Melbourne star Observation Wheel in the colours and patterns of the Winner’s choice. Design will be displayed from the 21st September 2018 until 23rd September 2018.
- One (1) Helloworld Centre voucher to the value of AUD$1,000 (Australian one thousand dollars). Voucher is subject to Helloworld Terms and Conditions. Helloworld/QANTAS HOLIDAYS vouchers are non-transferable, non-refundable, and not redeemable for cash. The full amount of the voucher must be utilised in one transaction. Customers will not be entitled to a refund or credit if the travel arrangements purchased are less than the voucher value. Voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Once the voucher is awarded, all future correspondence regarding redemption will be the responsibility of the Winner to correspond directly with Hello World. Helloworld is not an associated Promoter of this Competition.
- Eligible Entrant is eligible to receive one prize only.
- If the prize chosen is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by the Winner or any other party if a prize is unavailable for any reason.
- Except as provided for in these Terms and Conditions, the prize must be taken as offered and is not exchangeable, transferable, redeemable for cash or able to be taken in part.
- Subject, where relevant, to any directions given under the legislation regulating the Competition, if the prize is not claimed after one notification attempt, the prize will be awarded to runner up Eligible Entrant, selected from all entries received during the competition period at 11:00 AM AEST on 14th September, 2018. If the prize is not claimed after the second draw, the prize is considered forfeited.
- The Promoter may request and the Winner must agree and sign the:
- an Eligibility Form - confirming the Winners compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the Promoter;
- Winner’s eligibility to accept the prize;
- Liability release and Waiver Form – confirming that the Winner irrevocably releases and holds harmless the Promoter, any related corporation directly or indirectly related with the Promoter and any agency associated with the Competition.
- The Promoter may, at the Promoter’s absolute discretion, declare any entry invalid if the Eligible Entrant:
- fails to establish the Eligible Entrants entitlement to enter the Competition;
- in the Promoter’s opinion, tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering.
- All incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid and ineligible to participate.
- If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by fraud, unauthorised intervention, vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer failure or computer viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
i. inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
- any error, omission, interruption or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to or by the Promoters or to or by any Eligible Entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, or otherwise;
iii. any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, such communications;
- any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
- any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for any financial, economic or consequential loss incurred by any Eligible Entrant for:
- any direct or indirect loss;
- any loss arising from or contributed to by the negligence of a third party;
iii. Force Majeure loss.
- The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- The Winner consents and grants indefinitely to the Promoter the exclusive use of the Winner’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording) for financial gain or benefit or remuneration payment or royalty payment, or any financial fee and surrenders indefinitely all Intellectual Property Rights to the Promoter. The Winner consents and grants to the Promoter the indefinite right to use the Winner’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording) in any media, at any time and as often as required by Promoter.
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Hello World.
- Eligible Entrants’ personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter to administer the Competition and publicise the Winner. The Eligible Entrants’ personal information may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the Competition, including the Competition administrator, prize suppliers and deliverers, and to regulatory authorities.